Beware The Latest Nvidia Driver Update 5/19 9.18.13.3788

BryceEngstrom

I had just updated to the most recent driver and then all of a sudden all my watercolors were going way dark.  Rolling back the driver to 3/14 fixed it.  Not sure if there were some settings in the new driver I could have changed to fix it, or settings in Chief but it doesn't seem I ought to have to mess with those for a driver update.

post-67-0-73348600-1401985416_thumb.jpg

I recently downgraded to 314.09 on my GTX470 too which got rid of the pink dots on my gadget clock's hands and numbers too, and for my older card seems faster...

perhaps it changes the Gamma settings though ?

This is only OK because the colors used are really light.  Some ongoing projects that I had already sent views of to clients, and was trying to send new ones, were completely unusable unless I jacked up the brightness in PS.  Seems like most of what they have in the driver updates are just for specific games anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

A week or two ago, I was checking Windows updates, and there was an update for my Nvidia driver. I checked it out at their website and at the very bottom of the page in a disclosure, it said that it doesn't support PCs (laptops) with the new Hybrid Drives. I have the new Hybrid Drive. Well, I downloaded it anyway and had no problems until two days ago. All of a sudden whenever I opened Chief, the first this that showed was an alert that I had a video card driver issue. I was getting this every time I was opening the program (only Chief). I rolled back the driver to the original and now I'm not getting that notice. This is a new laptop.

I know a few days ago Nivdia came out with a new beta driver, you might want to try that one. For about a month now the NVidia drivers have been in

conflict with the watercolor settings( very dark). Nothing else is affected. Not sure if it's them or Chief, but very dark and almost un-usable. I wish

someone from Chief could confirm this.